Pop Century is the place to be
Next to what to pack, where to stay seems to be at the top of the list of stressors when planning a trip to WDW.
Do you stay on-site or off? If you stay on-site, do you choose value or moderate or…? If you choose value, which resort?
For our family, we chose to stay on-site because…
- WDW resort guests have the added benefit of Extra Magic Hours which allow the guests an additional hour in the morning at designated parks and up to 3 hours of additional hours in the evening.
- Free transportation to and from the airport as well as between parks and therefore no need to rent a car and pay for parking.
- Full immersion into the WDW experience.
- Convenience – when you stay at a WDW resort, your room key can become your “charge card” and admission ticket. In addition, any purchases you make on-site can be sent back to your resort so you don’t have to lug it around all day.
After we chose to stay on-site, we selected a value level resort because…
- The cost was the biggest factor. The less spent on the rooms the more we could spend in the parks.
- We had kids with us, and the value resorts are very family-friendly. If we had gone as adults only, we likely would have bumped up a bit to avoid all the kids:)
- We planned to only be in the rooms for sleeping, so we really didn’t care about extra luxuries.
- WDW installed refrigerators in all value rooms this summer, so we were able to save more money by bringing our own snacks and saving left-overs.
Once we chose the value level, we decided on Pop Century because…
- We had heard wonderful things about this particular resort
- My son had stayed in one of the All Star resorts the October before and was not impressed.
- The décor brought back so many memories and created a ton of conversations between the three generations.
If we had to do it all again, I would definitely choose to stay at Pop Century Resort again. The cast was wonderful, the rooms were spectacular and spotless, the pools were amazing (with nearby laundry facilities), and everything was so close and convenient.
What about you? Where do you choose to stay when visiting WDW?
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.